ONE BREATH CHICAGO
Our Mission: One Breath Chicago provides opportunities for Chicagoans and the Global Community
to learn, to practice, and to awaken to the extraordinary power of one’s own breath.
Join Us for this Extraordinary FREE Program – One Breath Chicago.
Starting in January we offered free live-streaming panel discussions where participants:
– Practice the art of deep (diaphragmatic) breathing,
– Describe benefits of mindful breathing, and
– Integrate the breathwork practices that work for them
One Breath Chicago is a program developed to:
– Provide free access to wellness resources for Chicago residents, Illinoisans, and our Global Community
– Explain the benefits of focused breathing on the body, mind, and emotions
– Create opportunities to practice deep breathing as a city and as a global community
– Create opportunities for equal access to integrative health and wellness tools across Chicagoland and cities beyond Chicago
– Initiate these practices in cities across our global communities, supporting other cities to begin their own One Breath Movement
We hope you will join us for these life-changing workshops and daily breathwork practices. Remember that You are the best You that You’ve got! Treat Yourself well. Take time for You!
beginning ON JANUARY 03, 2021, WE BROADCAST A WEEKLY PANEL DISCUSSIONS ON OUR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR BREATH AND HEALTH.
THEN JOIN US IN FEBRUARY AS WE ISSUE A DAILY call to action at 3:00 p.m. WITH SHORT VIDEOS LEADING OUR COMMUNITY IN TAKING A MOMENT FOR A MINDFUL BREATH FOR YOUR HEALTH, SELF-CARE, AND FOR OUR COMMUNITY!
Take a moment to check out the
One Breath Chicago YouTube Playlist!
One Breath Chicago is our Covid Response, orchestrated by Cassandra Powell, Executive Director
of Light of Loving Kindness and Muriel Baptiste, Executive Director of Utopia Connect Foundation, with the hope of providing the public with tools to better cope during this time and unite us as we navigate our personal and collective future.
Sign Up for Our E-Newsletter
Subscribe to receive reminders and updates for all of our One Breath Chicago events. You can also sign up for Light of Loving Kindness’ other newsletters of interest.
EVENTS & REGISTRATION
Powerful events! Check out the inspiring and informative One Breath Chicago panels!
- January 3: Your Breath & COVID: How Deep Breathing Supports Your Immune System
- January 10: Your Breath & Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Trauma
- January 17: Your Breath & Self-Care
- January 24: MEN SPEAK: Your Breath & Anger Management
- January 31: WOMEN SPEAK: Your Breath & Anger Management
- March 28: MEN SPEAK: Part #2
Have you seen one of our panel discussions?
Please submit this simple feedback form; we’d love to hear from you!
Follow, Like, and Share on our Social Media Platforms!
SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY
What Will Your Donation Fund?
– Breath workshops for our community members who need to go a bit deeper with their breath sessions.
– Mindful breath sessions and paying our professional staff and practitioners who conduct these sessions.
– Training breath ambassadors who will take mindful breath sessions back to their peers and younger children, so we are all learning better ways to manage anxiety and stress-leading to better health.
THE SCIENCE OF HEALING
How can practicing mindful breathing
improve your overall health?
Check out these articles!
- The Effect of Diaphragmatic Breathing on Attention, Negative Affect and Stress in Healthy Adults
- 21 Benefits of Deep Breathing
- How Breathing Calms Your Brain, and other Science-Based Benefits of Controlled Breathing
- Relaxation Techniques: Breath control helps quell errant stress response
For more articles and resources about the scientific evidence supporting mindful breathing, yoga, martial arts, meditation, and so much more, visit Light of Loving Kindness’ webpage: The Science of Healing.